Help with Subscription/Access Levels in Membership.

Greetings!

Very close to getting our website up & running at DPaulReilly.com - have three (perhaps related?) areas to ask for help with:

(I probably, still, have mis-configured Access Levels and/or Options on Questions #1 & #2 below and not sure what the issue is on Question #3)

(1) In Visitor Mode, the menu item "Join Now!", under the "Members Area" main menu item, displays correctly in Visitor mode. If you select "Join Now!", logged in at any "protected" member level, the site just returns a "Blank Screen". When I turned off site protection to try to determine what was happening, the following text appears:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function has_subscription() on a non-object in /homepages/44/d267905449/htdocs/DPaulReilly/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 1584"

Thanks for any help you can give me on this!

(2) My theme allows a Favicon and I know I added correctly but it is now not displaying. (Does display with Membership Protection disabled - so obviously I have not set something correctly with respect to content being allowed). Thanks again for help on this one! I have watched your excellent tutorials on this but I am still probably not getting as good as learning how to use these protections fully.

(3) Setting up using 2CO as payment gateway in test mode ... get 100% through registration/purchase process (gives the receipt via email) and then when I click back through to "return" to the site, I get an error message that reads: "Error 500 - Internal Server Error "The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request." Again, thanks for your expertise and help on this!

I appreciate your help much and it is great having great backup help from WPMU on this!

Thanks again! All the Best, Kerry

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Kerry,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

(1) In Visitor Mode, the menu item "Join Now!", under the "Members Area" main menu item, displays correctly in Visitor mode. If you select "Join Now!", logged in at any "protected" member level, the site just returns a "Blank Screen". When I turned off site protection to try to determine what was happening, the following text appears:

Could you please try editing the following Membership plugin file on line number 1583 as shown below to resolve this issue?

membership\membershipincludes\classes\membershippublic.php

Before Editing:
    global $member;

After Editing:

global $member;
    if($member)

(2) My theme allows a Favicon and I know I added correctly but it is now not displaying. (Does display with Membership Protection disabled - so obviously I have not set something correctly with respect to content being allowed). Thanks again for help on this one! I have watched your excellent tutorials on this but I am still probably not getting as good as learning how to use these protections fully.

Are you using Born premium theme?

If yes then please send me the theme on the email id contact(at)wpmudev.org and include the URL of this thread in the email or would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

(3) Setting up using 2CO as payment gateway in test mode ... get 100% through registration/purchase process (gives the receipt via email) and then when I click back through to "return" to the site, I get an error message that reads: "Error 500 - Internal Server Error "The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request." Again, thanks for your expertise and help on this!

Could you please try using the solutions posted on the following page to resolve this issue?

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/

I have also notified the plugin developer to get his reply here about this issues.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• TYGMedia

Thanks so much for your help! I did look in Plug-In Editor - but not sure I am in right spot - could not search/find the original to replace ... but maybe I am not even in the right spot!

Also granted Admin Access through WPMU Dev ... let me know if you need anything else to help on this!

Regarding #3 - I read through the article ... the only occurrence I have ever since in connection with this (ever) is at this one juncture, after 2@Patrick Cohenprocessed "Demo" payment, issued receipt for successful "Demo" process, and I click to rejoin the program. I will ask our CTO here but also very helpful if the plugin developer has seen anything like this before with 2CO.

Thanks again, so much, for all your help!

All the Best,

Kerry Fink

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.