Hesitant to start with blog templates...

So i am building a niche multisite network for the marine industry.. similar to edublogs or wordpress.. and i have gone through the plugins. and it seems that either i need some step by step instruction in planning this or i am doing correctly by trial and error... As i find a good plugin, set it up, i soon realize that i should have done something different first... Is this common? i am so new to this. i think i can tackle the project. but specifically with this plugin. blogtemplate i feel lilke the waring should be "Go for it" instead it reads this

"Please note that this will turn the blog you selected into a template blog. Any changes you make to this blog will change the template, as well! We recommend.............."

i am trying to master one site and then make it a template. is this the correct path. is there a flowcahrt or documentation on the steps that need to happend when trying to clone functionality like wordpress.com or that edublogs site you frequently refer too.

So far i like the products you offer and i like the community input and replies.. i want to stay as a paying member but i find myself over my head with a lot of repeat working..

i hope this makes sense. just reaching out. SJY

• Timothy Bowers

As i find a good plugin, set it up, i soon realize that i should have done something different first... Is this common?

How many times I've started to put up a bed or something else and then realise I missed a screw or something else really small but important.

Ya I think it's pretty normal. :slight_smile:

Or maybe I just hate manuals. lol

i am trying to master one site and then make it a template. is this the correct path. is there a flowcahrt or documentation on the steps that need to happend when trying to clone functionality like wordpress.com or that edublogs site you frequently refer too.

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Create the template site, put the theme on, the settings, any plugins and content.

Then tell New Blog Templates that the site you created is the template.

So far i like the products you offer and i like the community input and replies.. i want to stay as a paying member but i find myself over my head with a lot of repeat working..

Well ask as many questions as you need, we are here to help and everyone has to start somewhere. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.