Heys,

Heys,

I am currently setting up the Comments + plugin for my teeny tiny blog. I used WPDiscuz before and am a bit disappointed by the looks of your plugin, to be totally honest.

I am not happy with the look of the icons. I use Font Awesome throughout my blog and those you include look pretty 90s style. ;-p

Also, I let the plugin use my themes css, but it still looks really odd, not as a natural part of the blog. I tried your two other themes and switch off and on css styles, but I am not at all happy with the current state.

I could not find any more options that would help me with this, so I thought I’d write to you with that issue. Is there an easy way to make it look like part of the blog/post? WPDiscuz did a fine job with this. I would also like to be able to choose other icons.

I guess most of this would be possible with a bit of css, but I am in no way an expert on this, so it would take me a lot of time.

There are a couple of other issues I found:

I need to change the language of the dialogues, since it is a German blog. How do I do that?

I want to get rid of the WordPress icon alltogether. I did not find a way to do that.

Logged into Facebook, I would like to comment with my site’s account, not my own personal one. Is that possible?

Is there any way to subscribe to comments? I know, this is just one of your many, many plugins, but at the moment, WPDiscuz seems a bit easier to me, also prettier and brings a lot more features. So I am also trying to determine if I can replace Discuz with your plugin at all.

Best wishes and thanks in advance

Johannes

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Johannes,

We didn’t have much usage on this plugin so there weren’t any updates recently indeed but we’re still making sure that the plugin doesn’t affect site security and are working on bug fixes reported.

There weren’t much styling updates so it can look outdated but we can help with some custom CSS to sort this out and make it fit to your site better.

I did check your site to see how it looks with your theme but I’m afraid that all the posts I tested were going to 404 page even with permalinks flushed, so could you check what’s causing that so we can see the comments section and help you further with this?

I need to change the language of the dialogues, since it is a German blog. How do I do that?

You can use translation files to change plugin strings to the language used in your WP.

Comments+ has some translations ready here https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/wdcp/ so you can download .po and .mo files for the German language from there and further change them if you need to use different translations.

Both .po and .mo files need to be placed in your wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder for them to have effect.

I want to get rid of the WordPress icon alltogether. I did not find a way to do that.

You can use this CSS code to hide WP icon:

#comment-providers ul#all-comment-providers li a#comment-provider-wordpress-link:before {
    display: none;
    }

You can add that CSS to Jannah > Theme Options > Styling > Custom CSS field.

Logged into Facebook, I would like to comment with my site’s account, not my own personal one. Is that possible?

Is there any way to subscribe to comments?

I’m afraid that these options are not available as only FB account can comment and there’s no option to subscribe to comments, those options would require custom development to get them working.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.