Hhow to show marketpress products grid on my theme?

HI Guys,

I know that you don’t support 3rd pary themes but maybe you could please advise which functions from template-functions.php in which order should I use to draw products list on my home page like the default store slug “MYWEBSITE /store/products/” grid does with pagination links, and Categories and Sort order combo boxes?

I’ve read and followed Themeing MarketPress guides and looked through template-functions.php but still can’t figure out which code should I call to make my products appear on my home page the same grid style and pagination and sort field as they do on the url slug “MYWEBSITE/store/products/”.

I use 3rd party theme and a grid layout plugin shortcode but products still appear as a list like the ordinary posts on the home page.

I can use CSS to re-arrange them but it wouldn’t add pagination, Category filter and Sort fields like the default Marketpress slug”/store/products/” draws on my site.

Here a snapshot of my home page as is: http://i40.tinypic.com/33towlf.jpg

And here is how I want it to look like the default page under slug “MYWEBSITE/store/products/” on my site: http://i41.tinypic.com/x51ksx.jpg

Appreciate your advice as I’m far from being a developer.

Thank you!

• cookmylunch
    • New Recruit

Thank you Aecnu!

Magically the grid has appeared! For some reason I thought that the grid was true by default.

The only problem is that the pagination links wouldn’t appear even though the page limit is applied properly but no “next” page link shows up.

I use [mp_list_products list_view=”0″ paginate=”true” page=”1″ per_page=”15″]

Also, any idea how a sort combo box can be added – I guess I should call a specific function from template-functions.php?

thanks again

• cookmylunch
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

Please have a look at the screenshot of the output generated by marketpress on the slug “mysite/store/products/” – couldn’t attach it for some reason so used tinypic

http://tinypic.com/r/34t1ixh/5

I’ve highlighted in red two dropdown list boxes which are output by markedpress and allow either to select a particular category or sort the products list.

Is there a way for me to output the same elements with my product list using a shortcode?

• cookmylunch
    • New Recruit

Hi Jack,

Attached is the screenshot in png.

The fields "Category" and "Order By" I'm interested in are on the top and are highlighted in red.

They appear on the slug "mysite/store/products/" but don't show when using shortcode.

Thank you!

Alan

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Alan (@cookmylunch)

I hope you are well today.

Thank you for the screenshot, for the category dropdown, you can use this shortcode [mp_dropdown_categories]

There currently isn’t an order by shortcode but you can order the list/grid with the shortcode if that would help?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• cookmylunch
    • New Recruit

Thank you Jack, it helped.

I guess I should have read “store settings – shortcodes” section first.

I was only looking at the “network – marketpress – shortcodes” instead.

Could you please help me to solve the above mentioned grid problem though?

Joe has helped earlier to style [mp_list_products] as grid which worked fine but that shortcode only shows single store products :slight_frown:

I try: [mp_list_global_products as_list="0"] to see global products as grid but it still show as a list – even with “store settings – presentation – product list settings” is set to “Grid View” and no additional CSS applied it shows up as on the screenshot:

At the same time the grid is perfectly fine on the slug “store/products”.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @cookmylunch

I hope you are well today, I see you are inactive but hope you still get this notification to this post.

Currently the grid shortcode doesn’t work on a global basis I’m afraid, there isn’t global support I’m afraid.

You could if possible do this with some custom css, by checking the css applied on a site by site basis then applying this globally :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.