Hi, I can't upgrade Marketpress Lite to Full

I’ve tried it all on upgrading my marketpress but i just can’t, i’ve erased it to many times and reuploaded it again, whenever I activate the Lite version everythings ok but when i erase it and upload the full version, after clicking activate this pops up “There was an issue determining where MarketPress is installed. Please reinstall.” please help!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings gerardo_gonzalez,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a fight with Market Press.

It is my opinion that you are having issues due to the differences between the two versions and that the database tables are containing old data from the lite version.

As you mentioned the lite version when reinstalled has retained the information.

To fix this it is my opinion that we need to delete the table from the database that contains the Market Press Lite information.

Therefore using something like myPHPadmin in your hosting control panel you want to delete the tables that start with the prefix wp_mp_

Please be sure to make a full backup of both your web site and your database before making these kinds of changes.

Backing up your database can be quite convenient and easy using the Snapshot plugin.

Please advise as to how it goes after you have deleted the tables and re-activated the non lite version of Market press.

Cheers, Joe

• gerardo_gonzalez
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there thank you for replying so quickly, i’ve tried deleting the tables from the database but there were none with that prefix, then i tried again installing the full version and the same thing about reinstalling poped up … i don’t know what to do now

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings gerardo_gonzalez,

OK I am obviously missing something here and have no idea what the issue could possibly be.

It appears that the databases are not being created for starters, even for the new version which in my installation all start wp_mp_xxxx

I tried to find an SQL file for you to directly try to fix the databases or add them manually to know avail.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

Ignore the info about db tables, MarketPress doesn’t have any.

That message is telling me there is something really misconfigured about your WP install.

Do you have WP_PLUGIN_URL or WP_PLUGIN_DIR defined in your wp-config.php file? (this is not normal) If so, please tell me what they are.

Also lets confirm your install path. It should be in/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php

Please confirm that that is the full marketpress version you have installed and you haven’t tried to change any folder names or anything.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings gerardo_gonzalez and Aaron,

Aaron thank you for putting me and this ticket on the right track Chief, obviously I must be losing it at times and sorry for the inconvenience.

gerardo_gonzalez The tables I was previously referring to are global tables only reflected in MultiSite installations, sorry for the confusion on my part.

The store tab visibility if visible by default or not is related to your chosen theme.

Regarding the “Store” tab, please check to see that the “Store” page is present in your pages section in the site admin.

If it is and it is not showing on your menu tab, then simply add it to your menu in the custom menu section if your theme supports this or another way that you chose using your theme for linking to a page.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.