Voucher

Hi, I'm running the membership plugin on a healthy eating site at the moment. The site is a course that allows me to drip feed content to students on a weekly basis. I would like to be able to offer a voucher so that people could buy a voucher for membership for their friends/family. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions how I would implement this simply and easily?

Thanks!

• Kimberly

gingerpixel,

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

You have a great question :slight_smile:

I am thinking...
    you can create a purchase a Gift Membership Subscription,
    include a link to a Private Membership level subscription that is set up for this...

Hmmm...this might take some thought :slight_smile:

Are you hoping to automate this? Or will you have the availability to add members manually for Gift Subscriptions? This would give you a bit more flexibility on how to implement it...you could have a link to the registration for the user to fill out and include a code given with the voucher...

What are your thoughts?

Kimberly

• gingerpixel

Thanks for the reply Kimberly. I hadn't thought of setting up a gift membership, that's an interesting option. The way I was thinking was more of a separate plugin that the gift buyer would pay for and it would supply them with a money off coupon style code, the recipient could then put that in when signing up and subscribing and it would apply the discount to the payment. It would have to be an automated process as the whole plan is for the website to become hands-off.

Hmm, this is turning out to be more complicated a problem then I first thought.

The other option is that you would fill out your friends details and pay for them, have an almost identical form to the sign up/subscribe form but tell them to fill out the recipients details. The recipient would need to receive some kind of note to let them know where the membership is coming from though and I'm not sure how that could be set up.

Scratches head.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.