Hi there, is there any extra information about this set UP error?

<Can’t select database

We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the nameless_wrdp3 database.

Are you sure it exists?
Does the user nameless_wrdp3 have permission to use the nameless_wrdp3 database?
On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_nameless_wrdp3. Could that be the problem?
>

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Valeria,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

This sounds like a user permission issue. Can you make sure that user "nameless_wrdp3" has the proper permissions to access the databases?

Let us know what you find and we will go from there :slight_smile:

Look forward to your reply.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• wp.network
    • The Bug Hunter

@Valeria

1) You should not post files/pictures/data that has sensitive details, you can either take a screenshot and use a photo editor to draw over sensitive elements, or you can create a 'safe' copy of the file and make sure to replace the sensitive elements with a clear place-holder (like MYIPADDRESS in place of one's actual IP address). You should ask WPMUDev to remove that attachment, imho.

2) It looks to me like you have your full IP in the 'DC IPs' section of the file when you should only have the first three sets of #s followed by a period (like 127.0.0. instead of 127.0.0.1)

3) The 'DB Servers' section lines also seems to have several errors.

Did you use the tool at https://premium.wpmudev.org/db-tools/db_servers.php to generate the data for this section? Try running the web tool (again) and be sure to add the trailing underscore to your database name. If you are not using a remote host, then leave that blank.
    3a) Your global data base line in this section also seems to be missing, it should go first, right above the big list and should look like:
    add_db_server('global', 'dc1', 1, 1,'','YOURIPADDRESS', 'YOUR_DBNAME_global', 'YOURUSER', 'YOURPASS');

4) as @Tyler Postle said, your error message does sound like a user permission issue. I had the same thing when my original user didn't have permissions to my new databases.

Also, feel free to review my recent thread on db-config:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/db-configphp-global-tables-section-verify-correct-code

Cheers,
    Max

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.