Hi there, We keep having membership renewal problems? For

Hi there,
We keep having membership renewal problems? For example a member wrote on 5-21 they wanted to renew their because it expired 5-22.

They could not do it. See screenshot for the details (taken 5/21). Could they have accidentally canceled or unsubscribed?

What would you recommend? Is there anyway we can test the renewing process?

• jakilevy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

HI Ari,
    We are now using the latest version of the plugin and we updated earlier this month too.

Can we be sure they are related to the plugin upgrades, we have a few instances of reports and not that many members so we are not sure how widespread the problem is.

Thanks!

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @jakilevy,

If your membership is a recurring subscription on PayPal, then the recurrence is handled by PayPal (or any other payment gateway you're using).
    So renewals are not handled by the plugin itself and therefore you can't "renew" on the plugin side.
    If a user has canceled their subscription on the paypant gateway (for example on the PayPal site itself) then they'll simply have to manually re-pay once their membership has ended.

I hope that clarifies it....

Cheers,
    Ari.

• jakilevy

Hi there,
    We do not have reoccuring payments and I'm still a bit confused. For example I have a user that the membership will expire 6/17. I added the
    Upgrades period limit to 20 days and
    Renewal period limit to 30 days. So should I be able renew? All i see is unsubscribe for the plan.

• jakilevy

Hi there,
    Wondering if you can give me more details on the Upgrades renewal period that you pointed us toward before? What should we set it to to allow for renewals 2 weeks before expiration?

Re: If a user has canceled their subscription on the paypant gateway (for example on the PayPal site itself) then they'll simply have to manually re-pay once their membership has ended.

Is this done on the same account page? What do you mean manual?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @jakilevy

I'm sorry for the delay on this post, I somehow missed your replies.

We do not have reoccuring payments and I'm still a bit confused. For example I have a user that the membership will expire 6/17. I added the

If your subscription plans are not recurring then users will only be able to re-subscribe once their current subscription has ended. Since your subscriptions are one-time payments there's no way to calculate the amount that users will have to pay when they upgrade since there is no future payment scheduled.
    Same thing goes for renewals.
    Since your subscription plans are not recurring, users can't "renew" because their plan is not automatically renewable and if they choose to renew their payment there's no way to calculate the proper dates of their payment. They will have to manually renew it.

Renewals and upgrades are only possible when using recurring payments and that's perfectly natural.

Is this done on the same account page? What do you mean manual?

By "manual" I mean that they will have to go to their account and pay for the subscription again once their previous subscription has expired.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.