HIDDEN LIMITS ON DOMAINS FOR PREMIUM MEMBERS?

So I was just looking through your very nice new dashboard and I ran across some language and details that could prove to be a deal-breaker.

"Any active sites that you have installed the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on will show in this list. To enable one-click installations, automatic updates, and direct support through our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin your site must be enabled here. Note you can always view and browse available updates on all your sites that have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed.

At your current membership level you may enable up to 10 domains.

Elite (12 Month) members get 20 domains.
Pro (3 Month) members get 10 domains.
Monthly members get 5 domains."

So if I have more than 10 or 20 members that create sites will I have to then pay more?

If so how much more?!

Or can I just turn off or hide access to the the dashboard and notifications on my member created sites , but still allow of course for the plugins from WPMUDEV to run and be updated..

This detail is not exposed very well ...

Please expand on this ...

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Nothing hidden.

The APIs used for updates are intended for those with a membership here, not really for your clients to use.

As you stated from that page:

Any active sites that you have installed the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on will show in this list. To enable one-click installations, automatic updates, and direct support through our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin your site must be enabled here. Note you can always view and browse available updates on all your sites that have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed

This affects one-click installations, automatic updates, and direct support.

A multisite with a 1000 sub sites would still be one site.

A site with an active API can then get support, downloads, installs, etc from the dashboard. You can activate sites and deactivate them as you wish.

You can still log in here and download as many plugins as you wish with full membership, you can upload those plugins to as many sites as you control and maintain. There is no limit for this.

I hope this clarifies everything.

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

You don't want it showing up at all then you can pop this into your wp-config file:

define('WPMUDEV_HIDE_BRANDING', true);

Or you can leave it activated but navigate into:

Admin --> Network Admin --> WPMU Dev --> Manage

/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=wpmudev-settings

You can then hide various options, you can also restrict it to the main Admin account.

Take care.

• Gary
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I must confess, I'm a little confused here....

As I understand it, this plugin is required on any site where a WPMUDev plugin has been used - e.g. MarketPress.

I further understand that my membership gives me the right to use WPMUDev plugins when developing client sites, for unlimited sites.

The domain limitations for this required plugin would seem to force limits on how many sites I can deploy for clients.

Have I interpreted this correctly, and what happens at 21+ domains?

cheers
    Gary

• LubyG
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, I have run into the same problem Gary. It is a bit of a pain in the butt. I'm following this now as I need further clarification. I disabled all but 16 and enabled it on one that previously said I had reached the maximum number. It still says that even though I only have 16 enabled.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.