Hidden redirect somewhere

I am implementing Pro Sites and I afraid I will spam this forum with tons of questions :slight_smile: First question;

When naming plans (Pro Sites / Settings / “Rebrand Pro Sites”, I by accident called it “Pro Site” at first. Also, at that time I had a normal WordPress page called “/supporter”. I Realized I wanted “/supporter” as url for my Pro Site, and information about this level should be at “/supporter-info” (a normal WordPress page).

The problem is now, when I kill checkout page (and empty trash), hit save so the page “/supporter” gets created by Pro Sites, I can see it being created, problem is when I load that url i get redirected to /supporter-info – my static information page… What on earth could cause this behavior?

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

Try this…

1. Open phpmyadmin and run this query for your db:

SELECT * FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'psts_settings'

2. Edit the single result and look at the bottom of the meta_value field for something like this:

"checkout_url";s:28:"http://yourdomainname.com/pro-site/"

3. If the page is wrong, backup your database and copy this field’s values somewhere, change the page name, then click “Go” to save the changes.

4. Clear your browser cache and try loading the page again…

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

Glad to help!

If you follow my initial directions and backup your database, even if settings were lost (I don’t know if the plugin removes the tables and options) you could restore them easily by restoring your db backup. I have to assume this isn’t a live site yet…

Try either my first or last suggestion initially….whichever is easiest for you….and then try the other one if it doesn’t work.

Rob

• skolbloggen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Its a live site and it has about 7000 blogs in it, so I am a bit worried if things go wrong…

Just to make a backup is hassle… I have about 20+ years as a software developer, sysadmin and entrepreneur, so I know that no matter how much I know, somebody else knows something I don’t… ignorance decrease and are replaced with humbleness as people ages :slight_smile:

Anyway, this a clip from the results when I run the query suggested;

;s:0:"";s:11:"show_signup";i:0;s:13:"checkout_page";i:305;s:12:"checkout_url";s:32:"http://skolbloggen.se/supporter/";s:11:"widget_imgs";a:1:{i:1;s:0:"";}}

To me, that sounds looks like Pro Sites plug in understands that the correct url for my site are “/supporter”.

Might my problem be related to with WordPress itself?

• skolbloggen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Nope, its not htaccess, its something within this plugin or WordPress…. I understand your answer is a wise one, but then again, I don’t like it because it means a 12-hour day or so testing this stuff… I would much rather get an answer delete/edit X in mySql..,

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

We have plenty of staff and really…. incredibly helpful members like Digitsoft!

So keep asking all the questions you like, open a new thread for each if you wish then that way it keeps it organised for you to look through later from your profile. :slight_smile:

To answer an earlier question for future reference, deactivating shouldn’t clear the DB. Always keep a DB backup though as I’m sure you do.

Usually it would only create different page names to avoid conflicts, it should create what ever is on the settings page as you save. Odd it adds -info on there.

Does the URL /supporter-info/ appear anywhere in the DB?

The best way to find conflicts is deactivate all plugins and test with the default theme to see if the issue is still occurring. If it is impossible because its a production site then create a replicated sandbox would be the best way to continue.

Let us know how you go.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.