Hide Classified Nav Menu in BuddyPress

It’s probably really simple but I can’t find the CSS code to hide the Classified Nav menu in BuddyPress. I’m hiding a few other tabs already but the classifieds escapes me.

/* Enter Your Custom CSS Here */

#settings-personal-li {

display: none;

}

#xprofile-personal-li {

}

#user-classifieds/my-classifieds/ {

}

#user-classifieds {

}

#classifieds {

}

#listings-personal-li {

}

#user-profile {

}

#classifieds/my-classifieds/-personal-li {

}

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Graham,

I’ve checked the site. The issue here is that the link is using ID that includes “/” characters. This should be easy to escape but I admit that this doesn’t “want” to work on your site. I have however added two rules to your Custom CSS:

#xprofile-personal-li + li {display:none;}
    #classifieds/my-classifieds/-personal-liA {
    }

Both are working when applied via browser. I suppose then that Hummingbird cache may be “getting in a way” here. Could you please try following steps:

1. Disable Hummingbird temporarily

2. If this doesn’t work, access your site via FTP and go to “/wp-content/uploads/wp-hummingbrid-cache” and delete all the files that are inside

Let me know please if this made CSS work.

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Graham!

I’m glad I could help. As for the “…” box it’s visibility is changed by JavaScript that’s adding/removing some inline CSS styles so it may be difficult to remove it with just a pure CSS. I’d however suggest leaving it because it may be handy. You may try zooming in the page in your browser (which some people do, for example those with visual disabilities) and you’ll notice that some links “jump in” there. If we remove that entirely, those links will just be “lost” in such case.

What do you think about it? Let me know please if you wish me to find a way to hide it anyway or if you decided to leave it “as is” :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.