Hide Genesis framework upgraded notice from non Super Admin

I have a multisite installation using Pro Sites and running the Genesis framework, with the individual sites using child themes.

I have a must use plugin set up to direct admins & other users of the individual sites to their dashboard when they log in so they can see a custom welcome message. That is working well except after I upgrade the Genesis framework. When they log for the first time after an upgrade to Genesis they see the “Welcome to Genesis” genesis upgraded page. I want to hide that page from all except Super Admins.

I have tried doing this with the following must use plugin, but it doesn’t work:

<?php

function hide_genesis_updated() {

if ( !is_super_admin() ) { ?>

<style type=”text/css”>

page=genesis-upgraded {

display: none;

}

</style>

<?php }

}

add_action(‘network_admin_notices’, ‘hide_admin_page_genesis-upgraded’ );

Any corrections to the above, or alternative solutions would be much appreciated!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Debbie,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

add_action('admin_head', 'hide_admin_page_genesis-upgraded' );

The hook should be admin_head, but I’m not sure about page=genesis-upgraded element mentioned in the code, I could only tell you better, if I could check your website. Could you please enable support access so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see this manual.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could help get this sorted asap. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Debbie

Please try the following code as mu-plugin:

add_action( 'admin_head', function() {
    ?>
    <style>
    .admin_page_genesis-upgraded .wrap{
    display: none !important;
    }
    </style>
    <?php
    } );

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers

Ash

• Debbie
    • Weaver of Webbs

Hello Ash,

Thank you for this. I changed the code to what you provided.

However I’ve run into a new problem:

When I try to register a new site with the free trial link at the bottom of the page, after I click the Reserve Your Site button, the username & url are not displaying. They used to display so I’m not sure what is causing them not to display.

When I open the network in another browser I can see that the site & user has been created. So I go back to the other browser that I registered a new site in & refresh it, I see that I’m logged in, but there’s no links to go to the dashboard.

Please go to this page http://webbweavers.website/register/ & register a free trial with the link at the bottom of the page so you can see what is happening.

I tried deleting the genesis mu plugin but that does not solve the problem.

I hadn’t made any changes to the Pro Sites settings, and looking through them I’m not see what could be causing this.

I appreciate your help!

Debbie

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Debbie, hope you had a wonderful day.

Glad to see that you’ve got your initial problem resolved. Thanks for opening a new ticket for your other problem. I’ve checked your thread and Nithin is going to take care of that in a couple of minutes.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.