Hide log in in navigation

Hi, I read in an other thread about how to hide a menu link when a user is logged in. This does not work as a navigation link. So here is my question:
I have a log in page. The link is in my top navigation. When a user is logged in it should be disabled. So the menu item should only be visible for guests. How can I do this?
Thanks.

R.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Flyingfox,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The solution suggested by David looks really good so I think you might want to give it a try (thanks David!).

The Membership 2 Pro however can also help you with that so if you are already using it on site you might try following way:

1. Enable "Advanced Menu Protection" add-on on "Membership 2 -> Add-ons" page
    2. Click on "Details" link for that add-on on the same page and select "Protect singel Menu Items (Default)" option from the drop-down list and close the popup.
    3. Go to "Membership -> Memberships" page and create a new memberships of "Guest" type; that is a special membership that includes automatically all the visitors - not logged in users - of your site but nobody else.
    4. Go to "Membership -> Protection Rules -> Menu Items" page
    5. Find you login link element on the list then click on gray "Everyone" link in "Who Has Access" column and select your new "Guest" membership (that you created in step 3 above) there.

That way that particular menu element would only be displayed to the visitors - users that are not logged in to your site. Once somebody logs in, that menu item should automatically be hidden from them.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.