Hide page from main menu unless logged in

Hello,

I was previously using a different plugin for membership but now have switched to Membership Pro. The previous plugin allowed me to hide pages from the main navigation if the user wasn't logged in. Once the user logged in, then they could view those pages. I know that Membership pro allows you to hide the content on the page if you're not logged in, but is there a way to actually hide the whole page so it doesn't appear in the menu?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Tom,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

You would need to protect them each individually, the menu and the page. Some members want the menu item to still show so visitors click on it and are presented with a sales/sign up page to entice them to sign up. I can see how it would be convenient to have both options in one setting though, I can add that to the feature requests.

I also just want to mention that our Protected Content plugin has a more sophisticated menu protection add-on that you may be interested in, it allows for multiple menu protection options as seen in my screenshot.

Protected Content is a re-write of Membership Pro and has a lot of the same features plus more. Some users still prefer Memberships interface, which is why we've kept it around as well - but if you wanted to swap over to Protected Content just let me know and I can switch your account over no problem :slight_smile:

You can find more info on Protected Content on the project page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/protected-content/

Look forward to hearing back and let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.