Hide some menu items from the single sites of my network

Hi there guys.

I have this project (marketplace where artists can sell their designs made products) , where I need the following:

1) Give the artists a single site (ex: artist.levantateyestampa.com) and give him ONLY the chance to customize the theme (chosen theme: Storefront by Woocommerce).

Is it possible or you may say I'm a dreamer?!

Thanks in advance GENIUSES :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Javier,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

What you wish to achieve is totally doable. I'd like to suggest two solutions:

1. Ultimate Branding plugin
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

It includes a module that allows you to hide selected dashboard menus from users of certain role.

2. Membership 2 Pro
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

This is a full-featured membership plugin that will let you build a pretty complex site featuring different membership/access levels and advanced content protection (both front- and back-end).

You can even use both these plugins at once in order to customize user experience and site's security even more.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Javier Neira
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Adam:

tried the plugin, but on the dashboard of the single site stills appears all the menues.

Attaching you a picture...tried to "drop Artistas (membership category)" of all the menues but nothing changed.

Like I told you: I wanna let the members ONLY the chance to modify the theme. Would be that so hard for me?

Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Javier,

Thank you for this explanation, it clear things out a lot :slight_smile:

As you can see, an access to all these elements is "handled by WordPress". This means, that if WordPress user role allows for access to particular part of your admin dashboard - it will be accessible for all users of that role.

A fix for this would be to create one additional membership but do not allow users to register for it. This membership would have no members (to be precise: you should add yourself to it).

Once this is setup, you should be able to assign this "empty" membership to all parts of the dashboard that you wish to hide and assign the "Artistas" membership to the only part of dashboard your users should have access.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Javier,

Did you made any changes to wp-config.php that could be causing this, for example do you have this line in there that is limiting access to WPMU DEV Dashboard to certain members:
    define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1');

You can also send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below so we can check this out:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.