Hide templates from front end selection

Hi,

The new blog templates plugin is really useful but I was wondering if it is possible to hide some of the templates I have created from users who are signing up?

I run a MU site using new blog templates + prosites, I like to create templates for both my free and pro themes, but when a user goes to sign up they are able to see the 'pro' templates.

I also like to build some test templates, these too can be seen on the signup screen.

It would be great if I could mark these templates as hidden.

Many thanks,

Conor

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Conor,

As of now, there is no option to hide specific templates, but I think that would be a great feature to have.

What you could do right now is to make one template as a default template and then choose not to show the template selection during registration by not checking "Show templates selection on registration" in the Blog Templates settings. Now all new blogs will have that default template on registration.

I will move this as a feature request for now and notify the developer regarding the same :slight_smile:

Cheers!

• WACKA
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

Many thanks for your quick reply and suggestion.
    Unfortunately I need the users to choose a template on signup, each template is associated with a different free theme on my network. So, in effect, I am using this plugin to allow users to choose both a theme and template on signup.

Thanks again,

Conor

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The plugin supports custom templates for the template selection, so that might be a possible solution in your case. The default templates the plugin uses are in its folder, under blogtemplatesfiles/template. Basically, you can copy the appropriate template from the plugin directory to your theme directory and change it to suit your needs - in this case, you'd want to filter out some of the templates you don't wish to expose to your users.

• Richard Young
    • New Recruit

It is now January 2019 !!!

Back in May 2012, Arun wrote...

"As of now, there is no option to hide specific templates, but I think that would be a great feature to have."

YES, an EXCELLENT IDEA!
    So why is Pro Sites and New Blog Templates still not updated to allow for certain levels to have access to at least specific "Template Categories".

How hard would it be to at least have a "Hide Category" select box by now so that Super Admins only could use a hidden category or better still; a select box on each template?

If WPMUDEV wishes to maintain membership subscriptions then alas, surely they are failing to do so but updating plugin features?

Speaking of Pro Sites - Why is the "Pricing Table" not responsive. In this day and age, more people use small screen devices than a PC.

Come on WPMUDEV!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.