Hide the $0.00 price for free membership

Hi,

I'm building a site for a client that wants to offer restricted content for people who sign up for free memberships. I noticed that there is a "Protected Content" and "Membership" plugin, do I need to use them together, or is one supposed to replace the other?

Right now when a user signs up for a membership, they're shown the price of $0.00 when signing up, is there a way/option to totally remove the price, since it's not relevant anyways?

Thanks.

• aristath

Hello there @Rubycoded, and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

I noticed that there is a "Protected Content" and "Membership" plugin, do I need to use them together, or is one supposed to replace the other?

You are not supposed to use these 2 plugins together.
    My advise would be to stick to the Protected Content plugin. :wink:

Right now when a user signs up for a membership, they're shown the price of $0.00 when signing up, is there a way/option to totally remove the price, since it's not relevant anyways?

Could you please post a link to that page so that I may see this in action? We'll need to write some CSS to hide that specifically for your theme...

Please advise,
    Ari.

• RubyCoded

Hi aristath,

I'm currently fiddling with the site and its plugins, so the plugin is currently disabled.

I've attached a screenshot here of how it looks like. If it can be hidden from the CSS, then I'll just hide it there for the moment. I was just wondering if there was an option within the system to hide it, since it doesn't make sense (sometimes) to show $0.00 when joining a free site.

Noted @ Protected Content plugin. I'll continue analysing the differences between the two and probably stick with your suggestion. Do you guys happen to have a plugin for uploading/sharing files within members?

Thanks,
    Matt

• Tyler Postle

Hey Rubycoded,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your replies!

In this case, I would recommend getting rid of that whole table via:

.ms-desc-column, .ms-title-column, .ms-price-column ms-total, ms-details-column {
    display: none;
    }

Then changing the green text via our Ultimate Branding plugin with the Network wide text change add-on. This way you can place the message you want in there. ie. confirm your membership etc. and the table portion isn't needed as it's just a free membership :slight_smile:

When you change the text you will need to make sure the string of text is the exact same otherwise it won't find it. (capital letters, periods, etc.).

The new string you enter can be anything.

I will see if we can get options to remove this built in!

Currently, there is no option to set a default membership; however, that does exist in Membership and is in the cards for Protected Content :slight_smile: I will mark that as a feature request too just to ensure the developer is aware.

Hope this helps Rubycoded!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.