"Hide WordPress Menu Items" Ultimate Branding plugin does not work

Hi, could you please take a look at http://delimit.esites.pro/ and let me know why "Hide WordPress Menu Items" is not working? The access is already granted. Thank you!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey diegpl,

I hope you're well today!

I took a liberty of visiting your site and checking its settings. It seems like everything's all right there. I've then created myself a user account and logged in and all the menu elements that are set to be hidden were indeed hidden. Take a look at the screenshot please.

That being said, you're seeing all the menu items because the Ultimate Branding doesn't affect super-admin. If you login as a sub-site admin or any other user of lower role, you should see that's working :slight_smile:

Let me know please if I'm missing anything here!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey diegpl!

maybe that is just for super admin than, even though administrator role is checked in.

That's exactly the point. The "administrator" role is the "highest" role for WordPress user with one exception: for WordPress Multisite there's also a super-admin.

So, even though the "Admin" is checked there, the super-admin will not be affected by Ultimate Branding. This means that you as the super-admin will see all the menu items as they are there. However, "admins" of sub-sites (and all the "Editors", "Authors", "Contributors" and "Subscribers") will not see items that are hidden.

Ultimately, this means that the plugin is working just as it should.

Cheers,
    Adam

• diegpl

Hmm, actually even as super-admin it will hide menus for me too, believe me, I have been doing that for the last 3 days o.O
    The issue happened because even being super-admin, my user was not set up as a current user for delimit.esites.pro. So, even being super-admin, if I am inserted as a site user, the highest role for that is administrator, then the rule will apply for me at this case. Then you are right in parts I think. I am just complementing your answer sharing what I just realized, I think we can close this thread now. Thank you a lot buddy! :wink: