hiding content to make readers have to subscribe

Hello.
I am working on a newspaper website and we want to be able to have visitors to the site see and read part of the story and then have it so they have to subscribe to get the full content.

We actually would like it so they can choose to , subscribe to the site only, subscribe to the paper or do both.

We are using the most current version of WP and BP as we like what BP offers for building up the online community side of our site. We have tried the membership plugin thinking it would do what we need and it just might but we are not really sure as of yet. Probably need to read over the manual a few more times as it seems like that is the answer for us.

I did also see the pay per view plugin which seemed like it might also do the same type of thing. Maybe someone can recommend which one would be the easiest and best option to use?

If there is another better option please advise on that.

Thanks for your help and support.

• Kimberly

JOE KARL

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums :slight_smile:

I believe you have found the two plugins that would fit the scope of what you are trying to do. Pay Per View might limit you a bit, however I think it would work to supply a simple subscription base viewer for articles and posts.

Membership, as you can see, is much more robust. The plus to using it is that it integrates with Buddypress, meaning you can enhance the community experience while allowing a subscription model for viewing.

Really your decision rests on what you want your end result to be. You have less flexibility with Pay Per View, but you have a finite system that gives you what you need. With Membership you have much more flexibility and the capability to divide site content on a more detailed level. Either way, know that we are here to help!

Perhaps others can chime in with their experiences :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.