Hiding other sites from a user

Hi,

I am new to multisites, so please excuse me if this is a stupid question<g>.

Is there a plugin (or some setting that will allow me to hide the other sites in a multi-site install from users?

IOW when a user logs in, I don't want any site other than the one they are logged into to be visible under the "MySites" menu.

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hi LANSRAD.

IOW when a user logs in, I don't want any site other than the one they are logged into to be visible under the "MySites" menu.

The MySites menu is as it says, a list of all sites owned by a the current (logged in) user. Currently there is no way to restrict that to only the site they are logged in from. It would require some custom work I believe.

They wouldn't necessarily see other websites within a network and you can remove that WP Nav bar on the header if you wish, or customise it. Would that be something you want to look at?

Take care.

• LANSRAD

After reading these replies and doing some more testing, I think I see what my problem (other than being a newbee<g>:wink: was and that your right - in reality there is no problem.

When I first set things up, I created a user for a test site from the network account using the default settings. Because of that, the new user could see the other sites.

But after I changed the settings at the network level to allow creation of new users and new accounts at the site level, then I could create a user ( or admin ) at that site who could only see that particular site.

So for those like me who are worried about users seeing other sites on the network, here is what you do:

In the Network Settings of the Super Admin, check the box where it says:

Allow site administrators to add new users to their site via the "Users ? Add New" page.

Then when you go into the dashboard of a site or otherwise create users at the site level, those users will not be able to see the other sites on the network.

At least that seems to be working here for now<g>

Thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.