Hiding the page title, widget sidebar and comments on pages

Hi, I’m not sure it these things are showing themselves because I’m the admin, or if they’re visible to everyone, but is there anyway to not have the page title, widget sidebar and comment box to show up on pages? It’s making the pages look like posts, which is not something I want, and I especially I don’t want people to be able to comment on pages like my “restricted access” page.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi cepgray,

To begin with, if you disable comments on the Pages themselves, there shouldn’t be any comments section displayed on those Pages. You can do that from the visual editor when creating the Pages.

That said, the widget area/sidebar gets a bit extensive as you’d have to make adjustments to the content’s styling to compensate for that, but if you take a look at lines 14 and line 46 of page.php in the theme’s folder, you’ll see code for displaying the title and widget sidebar.

You could potentially delete them, the best way being to use a child theme. Of course, you’d still need to make adjustments with the theme to compensate for the missing sidebar.

It’s a bit extensive for support purposes here, but those items I just mentioned can definitely get you started with that.

Hope that helps!

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.