Hummingbird disrupted our entire sites formatting

Hummingbird changed the fonts and the formatting. We don't want to cause any further damage as this is a LIVE site. We should have staged this but we did not. So we are where we are. Please help us to get the site back to where is was and let us know how to optimize the site without breaking it using this plugin. The font has changed throughout the entire site and the formatting that was painstakingly coded has been shuffled around. Thank you.

BEFORE HUMMINGBIRD
https://www.evernote.com/l/AVzbJxYcur1CAZ2qrGnXCcIccicTMSqYrSo

AFTER HUMMINGBIRD
https://www.evernote.com/l/AVwgeROHVhtPdp12mJcdG_P0NLHImpBHeFc

Option #1 Can I just disable the hummingbird plugin to return things back to normal?

Option #2 Do you want to take a look at it and see what you can do here? We want to optimize the site and feel hummingbird should work if configured correctly. I am more than happy to provide login creds to the site. Being that this site is live I am looking for EXPERT help at this point. From here on our we will only be making adjustments on a staging site.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Scott,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is most likely caused by Hummingbird's "Minification" feature. It's a complex process and there's no way to fully automate it and/or predict optimal configuration automatically. That's why there's even a warning on "Hummingbird -> Minification" page that says it may "break" the site.

Usually, the "default" configuration works fine but unfortunately often some more or less complex "fine tunning" is necessary. The process includes turning off "Minify" and/or "Combine" switches for some files that seems to be related to the issue (in this case most likely this would be some CSS files) but it's usually a "trial&error" procedure.

If you wish me to take a look, I'll be happy to assist. I would need to access the site though so please use our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin to grant me a support access to the site (please do not post any access credentials here, a "support access" is a simple and secure way to provide us with access to the site). Here's a guide on how to do this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Scott!

Thank you for your kind word and for granting access. It seems though that I was wrong with my initial diagnose.

As I mentioned, issues like this one are usually caused by Hummingbird's "Minification" feaure. However, after I accessed your site (btw, you can see who from WPMU DEV staff accessed it and when on the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page!) I noticed that while the Hummingbird plugin was indeed installed and activated, none of its features were active.

Hummingbird includes four tools: Browser Caching, GZIP compression of the site, Minification and Uptime monitoring. They are not enabled by default and on your site all of them were disabled. While they are disabled, they cannot affect the site in any way.

I have disabled Hummingbird plugin entirely and it didn't make any difference at all. It's still disabled so please see for yourself that formatting seems to be the same (unless I missed something).

I'll be more than happy to help you configure Hummingbird but I think we first need to pinpoint and fix the core issue which apparently doesn't seem to be Hummingbird (if it was, disabling it would help). That is, unless the Minification was enabled before but you disabled it and there's some sort of server-side cache enabled on your server.

Having that said, can you tell me please if:

- have you tried to configure Hummingbird's Minification (or other features) after enabling the plugin or did you just leave it "as is"?

- have you made any other changes whatsoever to the site recently (including theme/plugin updates, changes to files etc)?

Please advise!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Scott Howard

Yes sir. We deployed hummingbirds minification cache and it blew up everything so we turned it off and the site has never been the same since. Looks like there is legacy something causing these issues. Besides Hummingbird nothing else have has done. How do we get the site back to normal?

Big lesson learned Setup staging and NEVER do this on a live site! This is painful. Please help.

• Scott Howard

Please tell us what you did when you logged in to our site! We are having a big issue with how resources work with woo products that we were not having yesterday. Please respond so we can plan our next steps according!

We see that you turned off Hummingbird? Could that have an effect on Woo Bookings? Yesterday we were able to allocate resources to a bookable product and after you went into the site and did whatever you did, we are having issues. So we want to know what you did exactly so we can try and reverse it. Thanks.

• Dimitris

Hey there Scott Howard,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in!
    I'm really sorry for the late response here, my colleague Adam has his "weekend" during Monday-Tuesday and there's been some busy days for us where we tried to serve as many members as possible.

As far as I understand, Adam didn't make any change in your setup so your bookings shouldn't be influenced. I can see that HummingBird plugin is activated at the moment but still neither of its modules are activated.

WE CANT UPDATE OUR BOOKING RESOURCES! IN WOO COMMERCE!

Is this happening in your admin area?
    Which action do you mean exactly with "update"? So I could see that in action.

If this a frontend issue, can I book couple of testing appointments using the "Cash on Delivery" method?

I can also see couple of errors in frontend and I wonder if this is relative.

Error #2 is coming from /wp-content/plugins/social-warfare/. If this is a frontend issue, could you please try to deactivate Social Warfare plugin and give this another try?

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.