himmingbird is hidding my whole website

Hi,

I just tried hummingbird and activated the minify feature. My client website is now down!!!

the whole bottom part of the site is hidden. the backend of WP is OK all is ok except for the site not showing up.

what does this plugin do???

I checked all plugin on my WP, deleted my cache plugin, called GoDaddy, etc

nothing!!

can you help.

this happened after your plugin was activated.

please, can you help???

thank you!

Esther

• Majid
    • Recruit

Hi Esther !

I hope you are having a nice day,

HummingBird minifies your themes/plugins files, basically it compresses the files and serve them in smaller size than they actually are, sometime it serve a file before the another which causes issue. it just matter of settings HummingBird Settings> Minification.

If you enable the support access I will be able to take a closer look at your files list and I will try to identify which one doesn’t like to be minfied/combined.

Getting Support

Talk soon,

Majid

• Esther
    • Flash Drive

Hi Majid,

thank you so much for looking into this!

I just granted the access to the site.

Let me know if I can help more.

I am at loss right now after trying to figure out what’s going on for the last 4 hour :slight_frown:( I could use some help for sure!

thank you so so much!!

Esther

• Majid
    • Recruit

Hi Esther ,

This seems a little bit more complicated that I thought, I will need you to send me your FTP details.

I also noticed that the issue is happening to your Child theme only, the parent theme is working.

Please use this form

Subject: “Attn: Majid Hamdani”

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Majid Hamdani

– Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.

– Link back to this thread

– login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data

– Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)

Please use our contact form here http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/.

Select “I have a different question” from the drop-down list.

• Majid
    • Recruit

Hey Esther,

After enabling the Debug log I was able to see a fatal error “Call to undefined function get_row_css_class()”.

and deleting aqua-child/vc_templates/vc_row.php file restored the pages since they were built using Visual Composer (vc_row.php is Visual Composer file ).

Anyway I don’t think was caused by HummingBird, it was very likely a recent update or something related the Visual Composer plugin.

You can try enabling HummingBird again and check

Cheers,

Majid

• Esther
    • Flash Drive

oh wow that’s interesting!! Thank you so much for seeing this and fixing!!

But could hummingbird be conflicting with VC? the fact that it happened after I installed it, specially after I tried to activate minify, and the activation was not going well:

after clicking activate, it went through reading all files, go all the way, then the same window again with the same button to activate the plugin would pop up again. So I did again, thought it did not install well. And that’s when I realized that the site was gone.

So I am wandering if either Hummingbird or minify are conflicting with VC?

I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your help! Thank you!!!!

I will try Hummingbird again. Will hold on minify for now. Do one step a the time and see how it goes. Meantime, please let me know if you find out anything about any conflict.

All the best

Esther

• Esther
    • Flash Drive

ah!! help again!!

it’s official Hummingbird is conflicting

Just activated it and the site is gone again.

Sorry but I am not savy enough to follow what you did. Would it be possible to restore again. I won’t touch it after that!! at least not Hummingbird.

Thank you much!!!!!

Esther

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.