Hiring Component For Buddypress (similar to EasyOutsource.com

Hey All,

I've got a question regarding Buddypress Components.

I'm working on a project for a consortium of local care providers in our town. They want a social site that will allow them to connect with parents in need of their services.

A site that's already doing exactly what we are looking for is EasyOutsource.com - They have a component/plugin that allows for two types of members. One is Workers in the Philippines and the other is for Employers in the states looking for workers.

It allows workers to post a profile with their credentials and employers to post a profile with their requirements.

As well as allowing employers to post job openings and workers to apply to them.

I need essentially the exact same thing, except Care Provides would be the Workers and The parents would be the Employers.

I've already contacted EasyOutsource to see how they did it, but I'm hoping there is someone here who might know and be able to get back to be sooner. Maybe there is already a plugin or component that created this functionality and I just can't find it.

Thank you all,
Richard

• Mason

Hiya foodin65,

If I understand correctly you basically just need a way to have a way to differentiate between two sets of users. Is that correct?

If so, you may want to give your membership plugin a shot (even if you don't want to charge for access - it's got the ability to provide 'free' levels). You can use this to define quite a bit about what each user level would have access to.

I'm thinking the other issue you're going to face is the need to collect different information from each of your user types and have the front end display be a bit different as well.

One way to accomplish this would be to integrate a custom form that would only be viewable to that level - and thus grab the appropriate information after sign up. Then, you'd need to customize your theme template to display information based on the level of the member's profile.

There may be an easier way to do it, but that's my first thought. Anybody have an alternative suggestion?

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.