Holder theme- blog not showing, home page missing data

Hello,

Here is the site:

http://heavenlyveggies.guam.com

I am having some issues with the Holder theme, and I’m hoping you can help me with some simple fixes that I have overlooked.

1. The store hours are put into the Holder Option’s Description field. It doesn’t show up after navigating back to Home. How can I fix that? Why would the field disappear even after going back to home? Also, why does the page title appear on the bottom of the page (a random word “home”:wink: when navigating back to home?

2. Posts are not showing in the blog, even though I have changed the reading settings to display the posts under the blog page. What can I do here?

3. I tried to set the blog to show up on the menu page, but I get an error on that page. Is there a maximum number of pages this theme allows? Why do I get an error if the blog is set to show up on a page that is not titled blog? (so I now set the posts to show up on a page titled posts, though no blog shows)

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

• Sean
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Sorry, I know that’s a lot of questions. I like the look of this theme and want to make it work for what I need. I saw another ticket that talked about the same issue, however the person decided to go with another theme altogether, and I don’t want to do that!

I am using this theme to provide a quick and easy business profile for customers, and NOT as a place holder until a site is finished. It is the site, so I want it to work for our customers. Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

1. The store hours are put into the Holder Option’s Description field. It doesn’t show up after navigating back to Home. How can I fix that? Why would the field disappear even after going back to home? Also, why does the page title appear on the bottom of the page (a random word “home”:wink: when navigating back to home?

I tested and was not able to replicate this issue. Seems to be an issue with how you have setup the description.

I will need to have a closer look as Its difficult to assume what might be set wrong, I pretty much doubt it’s the settings but if you want me to have a look, can you send me the login creds via the secure contact form and mark it to my attention and include a link to the forum thread ?

2. Posts are not showing in the blog, even though I have changed the reading settings to display the posts under the blog page. What can I do here?

Just change the blog page template to blog news and leave the reading settings to show the latest posts.

3. I tried to set the blog to show up on the menu page, but I get an error on that page. Is there a maximum number of pages this theme allows? Why do I get an error if the blog is set to show up on a page that is not titled blog? (so I now set the posts to show up on a page titled posts, though no blog shows)

Which page do you want to use as the blog page ? I see 2 menu items, Blog and Menu

Do you want the blog page to show up on Blog or Menu ?

Please advise so that we can proceed and get this sorted out.

Here is the demo I created : http://holder.wpdemo.in/

Cheers, PC

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking in to see if this ticket is now resolved? As we haven’t heard back, I’m hoping it is and am marking it accordingly, but if you have any questions on this in the future, feel free to re-open it and let us know.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.