Home button - change link???

This is one for the almost-embarassing file ...

I had no choice but to install WordPress on a subdirectory, and just changed the site URL and all is working swimmingly. However, one flaw remains: the home button goed to the WordPress URL (jms.sdsu.edu/wordpress) instead of the site URL (jms.sdsu,edu).

I have been hunting all over and I am just struggling. Any help would be most excellent, thanks!

NV

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi NV,

Not sure why that wouldn't reflect the proper url but you can easily change that by editing line 4 of magazine/includes/main-navigation.php which reads as follows:
    <a href="<?php echo site_url() ?>" title="<?php _e( 'Home', 'buddypress' ) ?>"><?php _e( 'Home', 'buddypress' ) ?></a>

You could change that to the following, for example:
    <a href="http://jms.sdsu.edu/">Home</a>

Let us know how that goes!

-David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hmm, very strange! I just posted a moment after you but oddly, I mentioned the main-navigation.php file which does work, though I'm venturing to guess it may only be in the case you're using BuddyPress.

In any case, two solutions! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

• nvargas
    • Flash Drive

Exactly. I was adding all kinds of junk to the mention in main-nav and it was basically laughing at me. So yep, I think you're right ... that will solve BP for sure, which is good to know for the future since I may use it for that and be in the exact same position.

Thanks for replying on a holiday weekend!

-NV

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.