Home Page Image Blocked

Hi, I have an image on my home page content that does not show to visitors, even though I have enabled visitors access to the home page via the membership plugin. The image appears when one logs in. Any suggestions on how I can make this image appear to everyone?

Thanks,

Tom
http://buddha.fm

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Buddha,

First, I love your avatar. That's an awesome and well-conceived graphic.

You are referring to the baloontemple.jpg, yes? I can't see it but I can see it is there. When I try to view the image in another tab, I receive this message:

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter in /home/buddha/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 422
    404 — File not found.

I'm not sure if that's just Membership doing it's thing (blocking access), or if it is somehow related to your problem. Normally I wouldn't post if I didn't have an idea about what the answer would be, but I just loved your avatar so much I thought I would investigate. :slight_smile:

Can you provide a screenshot of your access rules and the way you are blocking content on the home page? I think that would help whomever comes along to fix this.

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@buddha

Don't give up. I'm sure there's a solution and one of the WPMU support staff will come in to assist. Membership is a great plug-in .. a little frustrating at first, but a great plug-in nonetheless!

Barry, the lead developer for Membership, is available for an hour today on live chat. He's very good and attentive so seek him out as a resource.

His help session starts at 10:00am Eastern time USA.

Check out the calendar:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tom @Buddha

Thank you for your post and being part of our Community!

First of all, when looking at your site and inspecting elements in FireBug I noticed that the folder that the image is saved in is different than the normal media uploads folder. Can you try to just upload the image to the media library and then take that link and paste it into the Homepage setup?

Also, another member might have the same issue than yours (Membership giving to non-admin users on pictures and files hosted under wp-content/uploads), so I will also ping the Developer to provide feedback. Keep in mind that the weekend is nearing and you might have a delayed response.

In the meantime, if you need anything else, please let me know.

I look forward to receive your feedback. Have a good weekend!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hope you're doing well @Buddha and making progress with your site.

Just a quick note to say that I will resolve this topic, since we haven't heard back from you in a while, but please don't hesitate to reopen it should you still require additional support from us. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a great day!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.