Home page meta tags keyword missing

Why missing field for input keyword to homepage? All in oen seo pack have this field

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

I suppose if you created a page and then went into:

Admin --> Settings --> Reading

And then make a static page. Would this work for you?

Anyway, as we haven't heard form you on this in a while. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bodie16,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Not to start an argument nor to pick apart and split hairs over the term "Every SEO option your WordPress site requires" because that could get even deeper considering that WordPress sites themselves do not require keywords at all --> search engines may pay attention to them but Matt Cutts (two years ago and they did not care about descriptions either but that has since changed regarding descriptions) himself of Google told me they ignore keywords because of keyword stuffing and grant "weight" on the title and content. This can probably still be found on YouTube.

Now in an effort to resolve the ticket and getting the keyword option you want to have in your SEO plugin, I may have a solution for you - have you tried the Ultimate SEO plugin?

That could definitely do the job for you and much more - I would love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Yeh, the reason this isn;t included is essentially due to exactly that - they are no longer considered to be any use for SEO :disappointed:

However, as Joe says, there are plugins you could use in addition to this to cover that if you'd like to have that feature.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.