Home page on Fixer theme different for members and visitors

I'm using the Upfront FIXER theme. The first page loaded for visitors is completely different from the home page view for logged in members. See attached screenshots. It seems the home page for logged in members is the correct one, but the visitors do not see that page. How can I fix it so the visitors see the correct home page?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @strongvon,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

I could confirm the issue on your site but it's working fine on my test site using latest versions of upfront and Fixer themes.

Could you please try deleting and reinstalling the themes?

Was it working fine for you?

This can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• strongvon
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I've deactivated my plug ins one by one and discovered that the Protected Content plug in is what is causing this issue. I deleted and reinstalled the Theme, and the same thing happens. I then deleted and reinstalled the Protected Content plugin, but the same thing happens. So in summary, network activating the Protected Content plug while having the FIXER theme doesn't seem to work. The SCRIBE theme and Protected Content plug seems to work fine. Can you confirm that this is a bug, or do I need to continue investigating if it's caused by a different plugin?

• strongvon
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Whoops spoke too soon about Scribe working with Protected Content. Scribe theme actually doesn't work either. Neither does Spirit. For some reason, all 3 Upfront themes do not work properly with Protected Contents. When I have Protected Contents network activated, the Upfront themes load the Archive page for the blog instead of the proper home page.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @strongvon,

Thank you for notifying us about it.

I could reproduce the issue on my test site using latest version of Fixer theme and Membership plugin. The issue occurs when we set the membership Stranger Access Level to None.

I have also informed this to the theme developer.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.