Home Page Slider - couple of problems

Hi All,

I'm having some trouble with my home page slider and wonder if you have any suggestions at my site called DoodleNoodle.com

1. Sometimes it seems to load VERY SLOWLY. I have a spinning graphic that tells the user the page is loading, but sometimes it seems to take a very long time to load. The slider starts with pages with no images, and I have tried to squeeze down the size of the images I do have later in the sliders, so I'm surprised it is taking so long to load.
2. When it does load the transitions between the slides are not clean. I see a little white blotchy graphic that flashes quickly between each slide.
3. The original logo image is failing to load. It was doing so before, but only shows up as a blank box now.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Eric,

Hope you're doing well today!

1. Sometimes it seems to load VERY SLOWLY. I have a spinning graphic that tells the user the page is loading, but sometimes it seems to take a very long time to load. The slider starts with pages with no images, and I have tried to squeeze down the size of the images I do have later in the sliders, so I'm surprised it is taking so long to load.

This could be your theme as it looks like a pretty heavy loading theme to begin with. Lots of Js; however, it's loading pretty quickly for me right now. Is there any commonality to when your site loads slow? ie. time of the day - could be due to increased traffic taxing the server. Would be good to check out your server stats or ask your host and see if you are getting close to any limits.

Another option is to temporarily swap to a different theme like the default 2016 theme and see if it still loads slow or not.

2. When it does load the transitions between the slides are not clean. I see a little white blotchy graphic that flashes quickly between each slide.

Does your slider have other transition options? Looks like it might need to load each image as it comes up, or it's sticking for a second on the transition itself. Try some other transitions if there are any and you could also show a screencast of it to the slider developer and see what they say - they should have a better idea of what is causing it.

3. The original logo image is failing to load. It was doing so before, but only shows up as a blank box now.

Your logo image I have illustrated in the attached screenshot? It appears to be showing up fine for me.

Look forward to hearing back!

cheers,
    Tyler

PS. Have you checked out our WP Smush Pro plugin? Would be a really good one to use to help optimize your images further.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.