homepage left box, center box, right box content editing

Is it possible to display a certain page's content inside the homepage left box area?

So I can edit the content much easier with the WYSIWYG editor on the page without dealing with HTML code to add links or images in the box area.

Thanks & look forward to your solution :slight_smile:

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

Not sure what plugin/theme this is for, but this works if you add a php plugin (like exec php):
    <?php query_posts('page_id=1');
    if (have_posts()) : ?>
    <div>
    <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
    <?php echo the_content('Continue reading »'); endwhile; ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

You'll just need to set the page_id to the page content you want...

Yes - I tested this...feel free to send some love my way if it helped you :wink:

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

@Kim - lmk how to get you my address...I think this is worth cookies for sure!

@Winning - Here's how to do it...took a while, but Kim is sending me cookies now for sure - my first code worked for the question, but now this works for your new question.

1. Edit /wpmu-nelo/lib/functions/options-functions.php
    2. Replace line 2239:

<textarea class="ops-area" name="<?php echo $valuey; ?>" cols="40%" rows="8" /><?php if ( get_option($valuey) != "") { echo stripslashes($video_code); } else { echo $value['std']; } ?></textarea>

with this code:

<?php
    $args = array("textarea_name" => $valuey);
    if ( get_option($valuey) != "") { $mycontent = stripslashes($video_code); } else { $mycontent = $value['std']; }
    wp_editor( $mycontent, "myeditor1", $args );
    ?>

You now have a visual editor for that textboxarea!

You should be able to figure out how to do the rest, but if not you'll need to post a job for someone else to handle it at:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Have a great weekend!

Rob

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

I know...for anything else you'll need to post a job since this is really customizing quite a bit: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

You should be able to have someone fully customize it for you fairly cheaply since I've done the hard part :wink:

BTW - I dug around and there may be an issue with this function never displaying the visual editor, so I'd just be happy getting part of the way there...that's just me though.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

digisoft has done an amazing job of supporting you here! Unfortunately this is as much as we can offer here in the commuity pages.

He is correct that you will need to pursue private coding from here.
    @digisoft, here is a cool cookie just for you

• winning
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Rob,

I see...

So, now I go back to your first code.

I installed exec php, and tried <?php echo "This is the Exec-PHP 'Hello World'"; ?> in a newly created page, the page displays this text well.

Then, I copy your first code in this new page, and it pulls in the content on the page id well, too.

Now, when I post your first code in the "your home page intro text" box (I restore back to the original options-functions.php file now), it does not show the page id content on the home page.

In other words, this code does not work in the home page text box under "Custom Homepage" menu of the nelo theme, although it works totally fine in a page editor.

Then, I copy <?php echo "This is the Exec-PHP 'Hello World'"; ?> to the home page intro text box, and this does not work either.

It seems the home page intro text box does not work with php code.

Any idea why?

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

@Kim - you are just too damn funny...that's freakin awesome!

@Winning - it's most likely due to how it's being saved in the db, but you're really going to need some custom dev work. Save yourself time and energy...post a job and I'm sure you can get it done cheaply.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.