Homepage login/register icons not 'hidden' upon load but are 'meant' to be...

Top right hand corner (desktop only) duplicate "register" and "login" icons with incorrect redirect -- they are "meant" to be hidden, but for some reason, appear 'long enough' for a user unfamiliar with the site to click on these links -- I do not know 'where' they are or how they appeared (strange!) so haven't been able to change the redirect i.e. the home page login/register widget you see has the correct redirects -- if able to be changed, the top right hand corner icons appearing, URL to be updated would be great (although in the past, when checked this wasn't possible...so was hidden) -- may you please help either hide these icons, or update URL?
Thank you kindly.

• leadsoft

Hello Dr48,

I hope you are well today :slight_smile:

I have checked the theme files from backend and found the file, it's from parent Boss theme.
    You need to copy file from this location:
    wp-content/themes/Boss/template-parts/left-panel.php
    To
    wp-content/themes/ boss-child /template-parts/left-panel.php.

Now open the copied file and go to line 35 for the register link and line 38 for login link. You can either remove them or change the URL.

In order to change the register URL, replace line 35
    <a href="<?php echo bp_get_signup_page(); ?>" class="register-link screen-reader-shortcut"><?php _e( 'Register', 'boss' ); ?></a>

with

<a href="/your-own-register-link" class="register-link screen-reader-shortcut"><?php _e( 'Register', 'boss' ); ?></a>

In order to change the login URL, replace line 38
    <a href="<?php echo wp_login_url(); ?>" class="login-link screen-reader-shortcut"><?php _e( 'Login', 'boss' ); ?></a>

with

<a href="/your-own-login-link" class="login-link screen-reader-shortcut"><?php _e( 'Login', 'boss' ); ?></a>

In order to remove the code just comment it from line 32 to 44, for comment start add /* and for comment close add */(please check the screencast).

Thanks

• leadsoft

Hello Dr48,

I hope you are well today :slight_smile:

I have checked you have copied files on correct location and also checked more theme files and found another file which have same code and I think now that should be work please modify header-profile.php(wp-content/themes/ boss-child /template-parts/header-profile.php).

In order to change the register URL, replace line 159
    <a href="<?php echo bp_get_signup_page(); ?>" class="register-link screen-reader-shortcut"><?php _e( 'Register', 'boss' ); ?></a>
    with
    <a href="/your-own-register-link" class="register-link screen-reader-shortcut"><?php _e( 'Register', 'boss' ); ?></a>

In order to change the login URL, replace line 162
    <a href="<?php echo wp_login_url(); ?>" class="login-link screen-reader-shortcut"><?php _e( 'Login', 'boss' ); ?></a>
    with
    <a href="/your-own-login-link" class="login-link screen-reader-shortcut"><?php _e( 'Login', 'boss' ); ?></a>

In order to remove the code just comment it from line 153 to 167, for comment start add /* and for comment close add */(please check the screencast).

If it's still not work then please send your FTP or cPanel login details so we can check.
    You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    Subject: "Attn: Muhammad Tehseen"
    - Site login url
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - server path: (e.g. public_html/domain.com/)
    - Any other relevant urls

Thanks

• leadsoft

Hello Dr48,

Could you please grant temporary support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin? No need to share any WP admin credentials.
    Just navigate in WP admin area under WPMU DEV -> Support page and click on the "grant support access" button. You can find detailed information about it here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

You can also send us your FTP or cPanel login details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    - Site login url

Please do reply back here when access is granted because we don't get any notifications about it.

Thanks

• leadsoft

Hello Dr48,

The code looks fine. Could you please send us your FTP or cPanel login details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    - Site login url

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.