Homepage unique, keep rest of the site on same template?

I am using multisite, and love the framemarket/gridmarket which is perfect for my sites, but I'd like to use a different theme/set up for the homepage whilst still locking down the other sites to a template.

Is this possible?

In a little more detail, I'd like a home page with category links where each link goes to a search results page which pulls info from all all other sites.

But each site is stand alone and only shows its own products on home page, but with option to search whole site for products etc.

I want to limit the options for each site, so it looks as though visitors are on one big sit not changing site, just excluding the homepage from this.

I hope that makes sense.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Nicola

• Kimberly

Hi there Nicola!

Welcome to the Community!

You can control the display of the homepage however you like. You have two options

1. edit the home page template

2. create your own and set it as the static homepage in the settings for your site

You can create a page that uses the global shortcode to show the categories, then the subsequent pages showing those products from the network.

You can also use the widgets or enable global shortcodes on all the sites to create a network view of products while on each site.

Please let me know if you need any specifics :slight_smile:

You can find the global shortcodes on your Network Admin Marketpress Settings page.

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.