hook installation?

can someone spell outhte hook installation part of this for me? thanks, what I'm doing is breaking the page where the comments should be.

3SixtyEvolve

Hi jhcreative

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member!

First of all, do you know what hooks your theme currently uses?

If you're not sure, you can check it here: WP Dashboard » Settings » Comments Plus
    At the bottom you should see the available hooks.

If you do not see Comments Plus on your pages, it is likely that your theme doesn't use the hooks needed to display the Comments Plus interface. But you can manually specify the hooks as well, if it doesn't show here.

So if you know the hooks your theme uses then you can add them there, and when upgrading your theme or our plugin it should continue to work, unless the theme's hooks changes.

Not all themes have 'before' and 'after' comment hooks in the comments.php file. Some have ones which differ from that which is expected by the plugin, which is the reason why the Developer implemented this neat feature to define custom ones.

Let me know if you find this information helpful.

And don't hesitate to get in contact should you need any further support.

Have a great day!

GinaB

aecnu

Greetings jhcreative,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe