Multisite content restrictions

Hope everyone is well and happy holidays!

I have a multisite setup and am wondering if there is a way to protect content on my main site that only users with a paid site can see.

Something like membership but I know membership doesn’t work in this way.

The other way around however works to restrict people from creating a site but I hit another road block.

I need to be able to give my customers a free trial. Also Membership doesn’t control the pro sites and I only want to have my customers pay once for initial signup.

We do have upgrades but I need to froup the first portion of this to give value.

Is there a way to create a user level and restrict content this way? Example when someone signs up through prosites the are given a special user level then restrict pages to that user level using a separate plugin that works with the multisite signup process?

Banging my head against a wall on this.

Any suggestions?

Thank you guys!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Happy Holidays Ron :slight_smile:

Example when someone signs up through prosites the are given a special user level then restrict pages to that user level using a separate plugin that works with the multisite signup process?

Not at the moment I am afraid.

However I think we can use a workaround –

1: Use Membership plugin to create different user roles and assign them to different access levels.

2: Restrict on what user role can create a blog

3: Then you can restrict the content for that access level.

So if someone is on Access level 1, then his user role should become “xyz” and he should be able to create a blog and also access the content on your main site as you will add that in positive rules for that access level 1

Would that work ?

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.