Hopefully someone can help as this is really bugging me.

Hi
Hopefully someone can help as this is really bugging me.

I have a contact form on a website. The from name and address was something like example<example@example.com.

I installed a 'mail from' plugin which has changed the name and email address when the email comes through. What is happening now is the email comes through with the desired from name and address but when the user clicks reply, the from name and address is lost and the 'example' from name and address re-appears.

Does anyone have any idea where i can change the from name and address at the source rather than using a plugin?

Many thanks in Advance

Justin

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @Justin, hope you're well today!

Could you please add more information on the original contact form, the one you had issues with in the first place, is it coming from a theme or you're using some other plugin in order to add it to your site? Also please include theme/plugin name so we can take a look.

Looking forward for your response :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Justin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Bojan

Thanks for your speedy reply.

The contact form is built on CMSMasters Contact Form Builder. I cannot see anywhere in this plugin where i can change the from address. It is simply a form builder. I built the form and have placed it on the page by adding a widget. It is in the widget where i specify the 'TO' addresses but this is all.

We are using the Law Business wordpress theme and the CMSMasters Contact Form Builder plugin came along with this theme.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Justin

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @Justin,

This appears to be premium theme so I'm not being able to test this out on my end. Since this is a premium products I'd strongly suggest contacting theme authors with this one.

Alternatively if you can't reach out to them with this issue you could provide your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Bojan"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.