Hosted domain pointing to staging site

Suddenly at about 8:55 eastern time my domain moretango.org is pointing to my staging site instead of my main site. I can't see a way to remove the staging site, and there doesn't seem to be a way to determine what information the domain serves.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

• Nithin

Hi Ben,

We were having an issue with some server droplets, and which has been fixed now, that might have been the reason.

I tried to load your website, and it doesn't seem to redirect, or point to staging site at the moment. Could you also please confirm in your side?

my site url in the hub changed from moretango.wpmudev.host to moretango_staging.wpmudev.host. I didn't change this.

I suppose you meant the above URL is showing in the Hub right? At the moment, Staging sites are hidden from Hub. The URL with underscore will get expired automatically in few days:
    moretango_staging.wpmudev.host

What was seen in the Hub was part of changes made in our server side on how the staging were loaded generally, thus listing moretango_wpmudev.host url in the Hub.

The staging URL with underscore will get expired automatically in few days, or you can manually remove it. The current working staging site at the moment is moretango.wpmudev.host, and it seems to load fine when checked.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Ben

The site is working now. But in the last paragraph you alluded to what might be the root of the mishap in the first place.

moretango.wpmudev.host was never a staging site. Thats is the original url of the main site that was created when I launched the server instance. I created a staging site at some point from it which was moretango_staging.wpmudev.host .

I figured out that moretango.wpmudev.host isn't showing in the hub any more because I changed the primary domain for that site.

Thanks,

• Nithin

Hi Ben,

Yes, what you have pointed seems to be the case. Sorry, if I wasn't clear. As mentioned, we recently had some issues with subdomains in the staging site with underscores. Which has been resolved, by changing the links from moretango_staging.wpmudev.host, to: moretango_staging.wpmudev.host

Hence listing the old staging link moretango_staging.wpmudev.host in the Hub.

The current working staging site at the moment is moretango.wpmudev.host, and it seems to load fine when checked.

Sorry it was a typo from my side for not listing out the correct staging site link, I meant about the staging site link which was:
    https://moretango.staging.wpmudev.host/

And at the moment your website, and it's staging site are loading fine, and it should be good. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.