[Hosting] Add a redirect to rewrite old URLs to new domain

I migrated my site and changed the domain to a new one at the same time. Can you add rewriting rules so those old URLs get rewritten to the new domain?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi elizabethghekiere

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

Currently your “old” domain does redirect to the new one but only for the homepage and that redirect doesn’t work for other pages. That’s actually how WordPress core works “out of the box”.

On hosts powered by Apache webserver, it would be possible to set some redirect rule in .htaccess but WPMU DEV Host is running nginx webserver which is quite different and, additionally, the “infrastructure” configuration is also different to regular shared hosts where each domain has, so to say, its own separate configuration. As a result, it’s not possible yet to set such kind of redirect by default, I’m afraid.

However, our sys-admins are aware of the issue already and are looking for solution for this as it’s not an uncommon scenario. They’re working on this, looking for best way to make it possible. I’ve added this ticket to their internal task manager so we would be updated once they got a solution and we could apply it to your host/site as well and let you know about it.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.