[Hosting] Can't access website getting 504 Gateway Timeout

Can’t log in to my site globalvi*********etspace****m.w******ev.host it’s keep loading and facing Error 504 – Gateway Timeout afterward.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello crazycupcakes

I hope you’re well today and thank you for contacting us!

The issue here was that the available storage space was full. The main culprit was the “debug.log” file of over 12GB in size.

The “debug.log” file gets created if an internal WordPress debugging is enabled via “wp-config.php” file. It’s usually very useful in case of troubleshooting issues on site but it shouldn’t be kept active all the time (except during troubleshooting) on a production site. If it creates the “debug.log” file inside /wp-content folder – it’s best to remove that file as well when it’s no longer needed.

In this case that file was taking over 12GB of space (so debugging must have been enabled on site for quite a long time) and together with the rest of the site files it simply exhausted available storage space, making it impossible to generate and serve the site.

Note please: the hosting panel might have been showing that there’s still space but it’s not updated in real time – the information about storage space use is refreshed about every 6 hours.

Now the debugging is disabled on site, the debug.log file has been removed and the site is up and running so it should be fine, I believe :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.