[Hosting] Can't restore back up receiving an error.

Just would like to restore from backup an error message occurs:
"Oops, the backup restore for ***.wpm****v.host has failed. Please make sure no SSH/SFTP accounts are logged in and try again or contact support for assistance."

• skylin
    • Flash Drive

Dear Ash,

Thanks for help. The bug still exist.
    Please refer to the attached image 1, restore the backup in blue rectangle will failed as image 2.

It's 2nd time happened during 12 hours, the problem solved immediately at 1st time.
    Please refer to the support Livechat about solving way.
    Mohammad Sharab Thu, 06/27/19 12:37:21 am Asia/Taipei

Many thanks again.

Cheers,
    Sky

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi skylin,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are facing. We were able to notice issues with Journal services, which our hosting team has restarted, and it should be working fine now. Regarding the automatic backup not working, I could notice an automatic backup worked fine on July 1st, and for July 2nd a manual backup was initiated. We'll be monitoring the website regarding this to see how it goes in the upcoming days and will make sure if any issues noticed gets fixed asap.

Sorry for any inconvenience due to this.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• skylin
    • Flash Drive

Dear Nithin,

Thanks for kind informing. However, it's still in 503 error, same as days ago.

Here comes my steps:
    1. View web site page - figure 1.
    2. Restore from the backup June 27 manual one, keep in restoring screen for 20 minutes.
    PS: It's the backup after new hosting launch. - figure 2

Please advice. Thanks again.

Cheers,

• skylin
    • Flash Drive

Hello Nithin,
    I'm wondering if anyone is still watching this bug.
    It's almost 2 weeks. And I have to purchase another WPMUDEV hosting service for keep this one debugging.
    It's hard to image a hosting company need 2 weeks(or more) to solve a restoring bug.
    I'd really like to know when will it be solved.
    Thanks,

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi skylin,

Sorry for the ongoing issues regarding this, I do understand. We were able to notice that the Wordfences wflogs folder is causing the restore to hang, and hence landing up with restore errors for some odd reason.

Our hosting team is still investigating this, and we'll soon keep you posted once we see what could be exactly done to help fix the issue asap.

Sorry for any inconvenience due to this. We truly appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi skylin,

Clipboard01.jpg upload on June 27. The blue rectangle backup is the most simple WordPress, it doesn't install WordFence but still failed in restoring.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I do see the mentioned backup highlighted in the screenshot, only has around 7 plugins etc, and does look basic. There are some instances where we were able to notice wflogs folder related to WordFence interfering the restore process, however, on further troubleshooting, our hosting team was able to notice that, apart from the WordFence issue noticed, the issue was more with the backup, ie the one you marked in the blue border in the screenshot.

The backup seems to be more of an incremental backup, and it doesn't point to a full backup, and since our Hosting backups storage only keeps backups up to 45 days, I'm afraid, the full backup related to the mentioned backup is no longer present to run a manual restore too.

This isn't the intended workflow, and the issue noticed is something which our hosting team is currently going through to see what could be done to improve this workflow.

At the moment, our hosting team has confirmed the backup restores other than the backup highlighted in blue border should work fine. We ran a couple of test restores, and that seems to work fine except the backup marked in blue border colour.

If your intention is to reset the website, you could try the following plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-wp-reset/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/

Other than than, could you please try backups other than the one highlighted in the blue border, and see whether restore works on your side or not?

I do understand the delays regarding this has affected your workflow, sorry for any inconvenience due to this.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.