[Hosting] Change wpmudev.host for whole account

Hi,
In hosting, will you be able to select an account-wide, hosting domain to replace wpmudev.host across the whole account? For example I could get mycompany.host, so that my clients websites and cnames would be client.mycompany.host. This change could be implemented throughout the entire account for all sites created.
Thanks!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Benji

First of all, you will never be able to change wpmudev.host. You have to add additional domains and you can make one of them a primary domain.

so that my clients websites and cnames would be client.mycompany.host

I don't think that will work either. As for every site you will get a dedicated IP, and you need to point that IP to the domain or subdomain you want to add.

If I misunderstood your question, please feel free to explain a bit more :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Benji
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Ash,

What I was asking was, in addition to being able to set a custom domain, that when a site is created and it is something.wpmudev.host, it is instead created on a domain set in the account settings, e.g. something.mycompany.host. The cname would then become something.mycompany.host and the staging url, etc.

Are you saying this isn't possible? And if not, could it be in the future?

Thanks,
      Benji

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Benji,

Just to be sure, you meant you want sites created out of the box, ie instead of site.wpmudev.host, it should be created as site.mycompany.host?

At the moment, I'm afraid, there isn't any out of the box setting regarding this. The only out of the box option available at the moment, is point the domain to the site.wpmudev.host, so that it would load with the custom domain.

We are working on improving on how domains, and sub-domains are handled in our host side, and we are hoping to bring more changes down the roadmap regarding these.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.