Hosting file access?

Hi I'm currently evaluating Hosting and my membership after reading the recent announcement to no longer actively develop many of your premium plugins.. as I'm a seasoned web developer and after testing out Hosting, can you please answer some of the questions below

1. is it possible to access and edit my files at file manager level?

2. how do i setup multisite in Hosting?

3. if something goes wrong with my multisite setup, does your support help to look into the problem?

thanks,

Ivan

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello ic1980

Thank you for your question :slight_smile:

1. is it possible to access and edit my files at file manager level?

Yes, you can create as many SFTP acounts and SSH accounts as you want. Besides, you can set restriction to the path when you create an account.

2. how do i setup multisite in Hosting?

After creating a site on our hosting, you can go to Hosting Interface > Tools > and there you can convert it into a multisite.

3. if something goes wrong with my multisite setup, does your support help to look into the problem?

Of course, we do. We provide support 24/7/365 and will help if there is any issue. You can also join our live chat support: https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello ic1980

For the hosting interface, you are able to create subdirectory multisite only. To create subdomain based multisite, first you have to create a single site, buy a wildcard SSL certificate. Then you need to send us the certificate details with private key and our hosting team will install the certificate as well as convert the single site into a subdomain based multisite. So, the important part is buying a wildcard SSL certificate and sending to us. Rest of the part will be done by us.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello ic1980

Wildcard SSL from LE needs to renew on every three months manually and that’s not an automatic process. That’s why, for wildcard the member have to provide SSL.

if i had to purchase ssl, how do i pass it to the tech team to install? Through a support ticket?

You need to create a support ticket when you want a subdomain based multisite. On that ticket, our staff will reply and send you instruction of how you can send the SSL information using a secured contact form. You can also join our live chat to ask for subdomain based multisite and they will create a ticket for you. In that case, you can provide SSL information directly in the chat.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Have a nice day!

Cheers, Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.