[Hosting] Migrate a Website

Hello WPMU Dev !

First of all, I would like to give you a big (l) because you're bringing the best out of this world !
Ok... But... I have an issue. I'm really interested by your hosting plans, starting with Bronze one'. I would like to know if it's possible to migrate my package from IONOS to yours, including domain + website. URL is : netelys.com

Thanks in advance. (l)

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Reyan and thank you for your kind words!

You can migrate any WordPress website over to WPMU DEV Hosting and you can even try it yourself with our Shipper plugin that will migrate the website for you! The only mandatory step to use Shipper is to have both of the websites ( source + destination ) sites connected to your Hub and Shipper installed, everything else would be as simple as making some clicks! You can find out more at https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/shipper-pro/ .

We can also help out by manually migrating your website over to our hosting, for that we would require access to your current server and website.

Please note since you mention a transfer of "domain", the only thing needed is to point your existing domain to the DNS that we'll provide you when your hosting plan and migration is ready. We do not do domain registrations so the domain will have to stay on the existing registrar that you bought it and simply point it to your new server with us.

Tell me if you want us to migrate the website for you so I can provide more details on the process and what will be needed so we can help, or feel free to ask if you have any further questions regarding the migration!

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Reyan
    • New Recruit

Hello Konstantinos !

It seems that my spirit was quicker than your answer so I tried Shipper and launched it hours ago . . .
    And it failed ! I can’t have access anymore on http://www.netelys.wpmudev.host, leaving a blank page while Shipper blocked at ~83% of the full export.
    By the way, thank you for all the answers !

I would appreciate help for migration since it failed... :disappointed:

Best regards,
    Reyan

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Ah, thank you for the information Reyan !

I'll make sure to take a look at what might have happened to Shipper first before migrating the website manually so we can fix it on an upcoming release!

I'll be more than happy to migrate the site for you and to do that I'll need some information from your current site & server. I'll migrate it to netelys.wpmudev.host ( note that the default host names do not include the "www", you can use it on your domain when you transfer it to us though :slight_smile: ).

You can send me the information needed privately through our contact form at https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- Admin login ( if Multisite please provide Super Admin details ):
    Admin Username:
    Admin Password:
    Login URL:

- FTP credentials
    Hostname:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:
    Key-File ( and password ) if needed

- Server Admin ( CPanel / Plesk )
    Username:
    Password:
    Login URL:

- Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs -or- information regarding the issue that was not included in this thread

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Reyan
    • New Recruit

Migration end on a "HTTP ERROR 500", I don't have access to the logs on the destination point.
    On the "source", it ended with a
    "mars 12, 2019 9:44- Import to remote location ( at 50% ) - at 50% (step 1 of 1) - total progress: 83%", the same at mars 12, 2019 3:19- Import to remote location ( at 50% ) - at 50% (step 1 of 1) - total progress: 83%

I'm sending you all the informations in private, thanks !

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Reyan ,

We've already fixed the issue with Shipper and it will be included on an upcoming release, thanks for reporting that.

I've also migrated your website over to your new WPMU DEV Hosting. Feel free to login to your WordPress administration area with the same credentials as your source site.

As a note, some plugins & themes might need their settings to be updated since the domain is temporarily changed especially if they are premium versions etc.

If everything is fine you can change your DNS to look at the new hosting environment anytime you want by following this documentation https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/hosting/dns-and-domain-management/ .

Tell me if you need any further help!

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.