Hosting & Multisite

I noticed that when I create a new site in hosting and choose the option to have it as a multisite, the installation completes as a single site. I have to convert it to multisite after installation.

Also, on 2 of the 3 sites, the admin user changed to “testing1” with the email address alfonso[edited email].com. I noticed this when I suddenly couldn’t log in anymore and viewed the users table in database. My username no longer existed and only this “testing1” existed. I deleted the one site from the hosting dashboard and recreated it, now I have my correct user details. The other site still has the “testing!” Username - I guess I’ll have to start over there too...will it happen again?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello aTz,

I noticed that when I create a new site in hosting and choose the option to have it as a multisite, the installation completes as a single site. I have to convert it to multisite after installation.

Does it happen every time? I checked now with a fresh site and after creation, it was already Multisite. When you selected Multisite did you also selected it will be subdirectory?

Also, on 2 of the 3 sites, the admin user changed to “testing1” with the email address alfonso[edited email].com. I noticed this when I suddenly couldn’t log in anymore and viewed the users table in database.

Alfonso is one of our sysadmins, I'm checking with him if there they were working on those sites and what was the reason for that.

The other site still has the “testing!” Username - I guess I’ll have to start over there too...will it happen again?

I don't think it will happen again, however, because I'm still waiting for details from the development team, I will let you know more as soon I will know more.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• aTz
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Kasia.

The first time I created a site it gave me the option to choose subdirectory. I was sure it was working correctly, but I have an idea it may have changed when the user-thing happened.

When I deleted and started over on the one site, I checked the multisite box, but this time it didn’t offer subdirectory...only after the installation, when I converted to multisite was when I could choose subdirectory.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi aTz

How are you today?

Note that the hosting still on the beta version, and developers are working to improve this feature.

The other site still has the “testing!” Username - I guess I’ll have to start over there too...will it happen again?

I created a couple of sites and didn't get this problem, so I believe it was a temporary issue, shouldn't happen again.

However, we still checking with Alfonso about his e-mail and if there they were working on those sites, we will update you as soon as we a better insight.

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Scott
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I had the same issue with the site not being multisite after it was created. I looked in tools after it was created and the only option was multisite subfolder. When I created the site it gave me the option to select multisite which I did but there was no option for subfolder or domain.

I created 2 sites with the same results.

• Scott
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I was able to figure out that using Microsoft Edge you do not get the multisite installation type option, it just doesn't not show at all. In Chrome I got the option and was able to create a multisite with no issues.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.