[Hosting] Performance not up to par

I wanted to compare your hosting to WP-Engine, so I created a site there and migrated it to your hosting so we have a duplicate install; same plugins & theme, etc.

Unfortunately, the page load time is almost double what I get on the identical site at WP-Engine. And TTFB at WP-Engine is 142ms, while on the DEV hosted site, it’s 5.82 seconds.

So we flushed all caches on the DEV hosted site, including object cache, deactivated all plugins and enabled 2019 theme. Good improvement overall, yet still TTFB is over 1 second. So it would appear there may be an underlying issue with the hosting droplet.

Can you please check into this as we’d really like to move our sites away from WP-Engine and into your hosting if they perform as well or better.

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello John Paul,

I see that you have a ticket relating to a migration request relating to the same site you have mentioned in the thread:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/need-help-migrating-my-site-to-wpmudev-host#post-1411755

I see that our Hosting SLS team has requested for the site credentials there so that can migrate the site correctly for you. I would request you to help them with the needed details first and have the migrations completed after which we can go ahead and check as to why TTFB is really high.

As of now, I see that there are a few mu-plugins by wp engine and it would be unclear to estimate what actually the site is doing with those plugins in there. TTFB generally takes under account what the site is doing mostly. This needs a deeper check which would be great to do after the migration request has been completed.

I am looking forward to hearing from you on it after the migrations are complete.

Thanks,

Prathamesh

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello John Paul

Hope you’re doing well!

I’ve edited the above thread and removed your credentials. Please note our forums are publicly accessible and anyone can have access to threads. We strongly advise to change your SFTP credentials as soon as possible.

For feature reference, to send to us credentials, please use our secure contact form. as was shared in this ticket.

Please let us know if after the migration was completed the site speed remained unchanged.

Please advise,

Kind regards,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.