[Hosting] Snapshot backup issues

I have Nightly backups on the hosting, but errors for Full Site Backups, even though those are supposed to be disabled.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jason Winter,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked both the Hub, the hosting side backups and Snapshot plugin dashboard, and it seems like in every instance the backups are now pointing to the Hosting backups without any issues.

Could you please share a screenshot of the email what you got regarding Managed Backups not configured? Does it get sent every time? or did it only occur once?

Please do advise if I'm missing anything so that we could give a closer look, if needed. Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Jason Winter

I review once again chat transcript and above data.

After you migrate sites to WPMU DEV hosting (sites which use Snapshot still) we implement new feature which change two things for such sites:
    1. HUB -> yourdomain.com -> BACKUPS will show backups from our hosting (+ those old managed backups before domain propagation)
    2. In site dashboard (Snapshot -> Managed backup) like above

After 30 days (WPMU DEV hosting store last 30days backups) in both points you will see only WPMU DEV backups.

Screenshot you share is not related to Snapshot plugin but to Automate for both site which have enabled "Instant Email Alerts" so you receive instant email notification if Safe Upgrade detects any issue. In this there was some errors while making backup and email was send.

At the end from what I see in logs and in both sites backups was fully made.

Hope this clarify the case :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask if you have any more question.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Jason Winter
    • New Recruit

I know the full site daily backups taken over when moving your site over to be hosted by WPMUDEV. But I still get errors on the backup attempts in that screen shot. I understand my site is successfully getting backed up, so why do I receive these errors?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jason Winter,

But I still get errors on the backup attempts in that screen shot. I understand my site is successfully getting backed up, so why do I receive these errors?

We recently had a temporary API issue and that might have contributed to the anomalies noticed, however, it seems more like an isolated issue, as we don't have any such similar reports at the moment.

I checked the logs for Automate for odofarms and don't see any specific issue in general, nor could notice any anomalies with safe-upgrade, or backups as noticed in the given screenshot. Could I know whether you notice the issue with all the WPMU DEV Hosted websites? or is it only specific to these two websites reported?

Could you also check whether there are any new emails reporting such similar issues for Automate for dates past 18th? ie for 19th, and later days?

Checking from our end, and the logs this might be more of a temporary issue, if you are still noticing ongoing issue then please do share a screenshot of the latest email. So that we could have a better idea about the email template being sent, and also bring this into our teams' attention to see what further could be looked upon regarding these.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.