[Hosting] The sync to staging for has failed.

I tried to create a staging site for this site and received the error that the sync had failed. I then tried to "Reset" it (sync again), and it failed again.

• Steve H
    • Flash Drive

Hi guys and gals!

Further information that might be relevant...

Whatever the issue is with the balewell.wpmudev.host (balewellbeautysalon.com) site, is also happening with the kianh.wpmudev.host (kianh.org.uk) site - attempting to create a staging site gives a sync error. Notably the "Manage Database" link also doesn't work for either of these sites - not the staging site but the actual main site on each server.

Also worth mentioning that both of these sites were restored using All-in-one Migration because I tried using Shipper, which took more than 24 hours for each site then gave an error. I successfully used Shipper to migrate the other site on my account (ctiv.com.au), but that migration also took a ridiculously long time (almost 6 hours!) I've used All-in-one Migration successfully for numerous years on a variety of hosts, so I have no reason to believe it shouldn't work with your service. Shipper was WAY too slow and after waiting more than 24 hours for it to then fail, I wasn't about to try again.

I hope this helps diagnose and rectify the issue.

Steve

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Steve,

When I checked kianh site I can see that there's a staging site there and that the last sync date is showing today's date, did you manage to get this one working in the meantime?

I could see the issue still on balewell and with the database links so we have passed all the information for our sysadmins to check it out further.

About the Shipper stuff, it's still a "young" plugin and during the migration process, we went to a slower path but the one that should have the highest rate of success.
    The plugin is still being looked in depth and we're looking to further improve migrations with it, both in speed and stability.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Steve H
    • Flash Drive

Hi Pedrag,

The Kianh staging site says it has synced but if you try to access it you'll see that it hasn't. The staging site doesn't work:

Similarly, if you try to access the Database Manager for either site you'll also get an error.

Regards,
    Steve

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Steve,

It seems that the issue was with the wp-salt.php being called in your wp-config.php file, while the file itself didn't exist.
    We have removed that from both sites so can you try deleting your existing staging site now and create a new one, it should work fine now.

This was also the cause for DB link to not have proper access so that should be now fine as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.