[Hosting] Website going down

Website going down at random intervals. Would like to know the reason for this to occur. Please check the chat notes for more info.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Bonnie,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The website should be up and loading fine without any issue. We were able to notice the websites load is increasing slowly when there are more processes and hence causing such issues to occur at random.

When checking the logs there are many logs relating to:

[11-Jul-2019 07:08:34 UTC] Aq_Resize.process() error: Unable to resize image because image_resize_dimensions() failed

Seems like it’s related to either a plugin or theme using the Aqua Resizer Script:

https://github.com/syamilmj/Aqua-Resizer

Would recommend to you check with the plugin developers attention to help get these logs generated from the plugin side resolved, and remove any unused plugins from the dashboard side.

Could also notice Hummingbird Page Cache disabled when checked via the frontend, would recommend you to enable that in the plugin side, under Hummingbird > Caching > Page Caching to improve the overload load of the site in frontend.

Please do check, and let us know if you still notice any anomalies regarding loading the website, or with it going down.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Bonnie
    • New Recruit

Hi There,

I just wanted to chase this up. I have put a ticket in to get the site back up twice after this and have also been told to upgrade the hosting which hasn’t worked.

I have asked the theme owner to look into the plugin as it’s not shown as a plugin on the list.

I have reactivated hummingbird – it was activated somehow in all these issues it was deactivated.

Let me know how this is going and what I need to do. It’s costing us a lot of money and making us look bad having the site go down I really need this resolved ASAP.

Kindest,

Bonnie

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Bonnie,

Please do note that we reply to tickets based on queue order so all the member’s tickets are looked upon equally. Sorry to hear the issue occurred again after the plan was upgraded.

The website is live, and loading at the moment, however, we are still able to notice a high load on the website which keeps on gradually increasing and eventually causing the website to go down.

Our team was able to correlate these issues with the Cron events on the website which keeps on the processing without finishing and hence causing the anomalies noticed.

I have also increased the WP Memory limit via the wp-config.php in the live site by adding the following:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '2000M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '2000M' );

I further went ahead, and created a staging site and tested further to check whether anything specific was causing within the dashboard side, but only brought a significant difference with the test done

Our team is still going through the issue and monitoring the website regarding all the anomalies noticed, and we’ll soon keep you updated once we find the source of what’s causing this, and what could be done to help prevent such down the road too.

We truly appreciate your patience regarding this. Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Bonnie,

We have fixed the issues noticed within the website, and now the dashboard is also loading fine within 2 seconds in every instance tested. We’ll be monitoring the website for any further anomalies down the road regarding the issues noticed with crons.

Please do check, and let us know if you notice any anomalies. Also, we had to temporarily disable Asset Optimization in Hummingbird, please do configure Asset Optimization to optimize the homepage further.

Please check the documentation for more info on optimizing the frontend:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/hummingbird/#chapter-4

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.