[Hosting] WHMCS Integration

Not sure if there already is a hosting API, if there is this request will be a lot easier. But it would be great if there was a WHMCS integration, so you could provision hosting sites inside WHMCS.

• Kevin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@Kassia I had to switch back to another hosting provider that offered WHMCS, WHM and CPanel. It’s much easier to manage clients in WHMCS, then use the HUB for WP plugin updates, maintenance, reports, etc. Much easier for billing too since WPMUDEV quit supporting all of their multisite plugins, like domain mapping, pro sites, etc.I was actually migrating all my clients sites over to WPMUDEV hosting until they dropped their plugins. It took me a week to get my clients migrated BACK to our previous host because WPMUDEV didn’t support WHMCS, WHM or CPanel. Still the WPMUDEV helped me find a solution using SNAPSHOT to migrate my sites out of multisite back to a single site solution. I’ve learned a lot during the process of what not to do in the future and developed a better process for the future.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hey Kevin & Benji – API very much in the works (for the Hub too) that could happily allow you to integrate with a platform of your choice… were you thinking of using WHMCS to deploy and manage sites hosted here?

One thing you will find over the next year is far far more powerful provisioning, pre-set and management tools inside WPMUD EV and our hosting. As a long time cPanel user (14 years!) I’m convinced that while you might not get the broad spectrum of tools via WPMU DEV you’ll certainly end up with a far more powerful and impressive WP management platform.

• Kevin

Yes. Since we already use WHMCS for our client managment and billing, it just makes sense to use it and have hosting within this system. If we were able to connect to your hosting within WHMCS/WHM/CPanel that would be a plus.

• Benji

James Farmer thanks for responding! gotta be brutally honest but you should in no way create your own billing system, subscription billing can be messy and chances are most people reselling WPMU DEV hosting will not just be selling hosting, and may have other products or services to sell and bundle it in with, hence if you integrate with a platform like WHMCS, you give us full control of the billing process and allow us to properly integrate it to our businesses. and if you create an incredible API, it will be easily integrable with all billing platforms. and also tbh, the hosting is still not white label enough, and way to WPMU DEV branded, for me to resell it.

• splaquet
    • The Incredible Code Injector

An API that can integrate into WHMCS is the way to go, IMO. Most of us who are already eyeball deep in reselling hosting, and other services (GSuite, domains, cPanel/WHM), couldn’t ever “change” over to a different deployment/provisioning service. And, on that note, maintaining multiple billing solutions is simply counterproductive.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.