Hosting - WP Ultimo - how to add domain?

How client domain will be added to domain section in hosting panel when a client will pay for plan in WP ultimo

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mohamed

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not much familiar with WP Ultimo but I assume the context of this question is the domain mapping offered by this plugin, right?

I don't know what are the setup requirements for such mapping for this plugin but there's no "automated" way to add domain to the WPMU DEV hosting. You can use multiple domains but each domain must be manually added to the hosting panel for the site, just like the domain that you added for your Multisite install.

This means setting up IP and/or CNAME records and adding domain in "Domains" section of the panel as described here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/hosting/dns-and-domain-management/

If you have any additional/follow-up questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mohamed,

If I understand this correctly you're looking to sell subsites via WP Ultimo and then have users map domains to their subsites?
    In that case, you will need to have your domains pointing to your site IP and then map them to subsites with Domain Mapping or similar plugin.
    With Domain Mapping plugin there's no need to add your domains in hosting panel, you just need to point them to correct IP and from there the plugin will deal with the redirects based on which subsite the domain is mapped.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Baldafrican
      • Made in Africa

Hey Predrag Dubajic

So sorry, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here :disappointed:

With Domain Mapping plugin there's no need to add your domains in hosting panel, you just need to point them to correct IP and from there the plugin will deal with the redirects based on which subsite the domain is mapped.

Surely this does not apply for a subdomain installation right? With a subdomain installion you would still need to add the domains in the hosting panel....or am I missing something here?

• Predrag Dubajic
        • Support

Hi Baldafrican,

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I understand this fully, when you use domain mapping it doesn't matter if you're running subfolder or subdomain installation.
        You only need to point your new top level domains to the IP of your site so it's going to root folder of your installation.
        After the domain is pointed to your site it will basically open up your main site, and then when you map it with Domain Mapping the plugin will pick it up from there and redirect it to set subsite.

If you have additional questions that would need further discussion it might be best to start a new chat or ticket where we could talk about this further.

Best regards,
        Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.